For the purpose of this policy the terms below shall have the following meanings:
“you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by This website when you visit certain parts of This website and/or when you use certain features of This website. Details of the Cookies used by This website are set out in our “Cookies” section, below;
“This website” means this website, ksmdrivingtuition.co.uk;
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
“We/Us/Our” means KSM Driving Tuition, whose information is detailed in the information section
“GDPR” means General Data Protection Regulation.
“ICO” means Information Commissioner’s Office
KSM DRIVING TUITION
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: We process personal information to enable us to provide education and training to our customers and clients; to promote our services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration reference is: ZA403056
• This website (www.ksmdrivingtuition.co.uk), is owned and operated by us;
• Our registered address is Grove Farm Lodge, Old Cantley road, Cantley, Norfolk NR13 3JJ;
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Some data will be collected automatically by our website for further details, please see the “Cookies” section, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it to us and provide consent to using it.
Depending upon your use of the website, we may collect some or all of the following data:
• Date of birth;
• Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
• Geographic address information
• IP address (automatically collected);
• web browser type and version (automatically collected);
• operating system (automatically collected);
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on This website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
• Personalising and tailoring your experience on this website;
• Supplying driving tuition to you;
• Personalising and tailoring your tuition;
• Responding to communications from you;
• Supplying you with email communications that you have subscribed to. You may unsubscribe or optout at any time by sending an email to Kylie@ksmdrivingtuition.co.uk with the subject line ‘unsubscribe’;
• Market research;
• Analysing your use of the website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve This website and the user’s experience;
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
• you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA AND FOR HOW LONG?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
Once you become a customer of KSM Driving Tuition by making a purchase, booking a lesson or purchasing a training course, we will retain your data for as long as you are a customer plus 6 complete financial years of the company from your last recorded activity, in line with Financial and Accounting regulations.
We do not transfer any data to any organisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area) unless they operate to the standards required under the GDPR regulations.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through this website.
Steps we take to secure and protect your data include:
• use of unique passwords;
• properly configured firewalls using latest software;
• regular software updates
• timely decommissioning and secure wiping of old software and hardware;
• real-time protection anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spyware software;
• encryption of all portable devices and appropriate protection of encryption key;
• encryption of personal data in transit including SSL and IPsec VPN connections;
• secure configuration of mobile devices;
• intrusion detection and prevention systems;
• regular data backups
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA
When you submit information via This website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
You may access certain areas of This website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on This website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting us using the details in the “contact us” section, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this may severely limit our ability to provide you with driving tuition.
CAN I ACCESS MY DATA?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or by calling: 07595 478 925
Note that if you choose not to allow cookies, some may still remain on your system from previous visits to our website. To learn how to remove cookies from your system, please read this document.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
SUMMARY OF YOUR GDPR RIGHTS
Under GDPR, you have:
• the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us;
• the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
• be informed of what data processing is taking place;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• object to processing of your personal data;
CHANGE TO THIS POLICY